If your complexion is dull and spotted because of acne breakouts, you can refresh it with acne treatment. We offer several acne treatments and when you talk to our skin specialist, the best treatment for your unique condition may be recommended. You may have tried many over-the-counter creams and ointments to little effect, but they are intended for the general public so the active ingredient may be so slight, it is not effective. We will give you prescription acne medication that is suitable for your type of acne and skin type.
Types of Acne
Acne develops when pores become clogged with excess oil, dead skin cells and bacteria. It can be mild, moderate or severe. The main types of acne are:
- Blackheads and whiteheads. In blackheads, the pore is open and the inflammation interacts with the air. In whiteheads, the pore is closed. They are both considered mild acne that rarely leaves a scar
- Papules are usually small tender, red bumps and considered mild acne
- Pustules or what are commonly called pimples are papules that have pus in the tip and are considered moderate acne. You should not squeeze these as it could cause scarring
- Nodules are solid, large painful lumps under the surface of the skin and considered severe acne
- Cysts are also under the surface of the skin. They are painful lumps that are full of pus and considered severe acne
Acne Treatments that May Refresh Your Complexion
Here at FamWell MD, we are proud to offer a number of avenues to address your acne. Some of these include the Fotona Laser, Thermi RF, Isolaz, Carbossi, CORE CO2, facials, and Obagi Skin Care, as well as PRP therapy and chemical peels; below are some in-depth looks into these lattermost two.
PRP therapy is an acne treatment that uses the healing power of your own blood. With this route, a small sample of your blood is drawn and spun to separate the platelet-rich plasma within. This substance, rich with healing growth factors, is implemented into an injectable serum and reintroduced beneath your skin to prompt a flood of regeneration. This can make a notable dent in your acne.
Chemical peels are available in many blends and strengths to tackle various intensities of acne. For this process, a qualified professional applies a special blend of chemical components to your face and leaves them on for a period of time, after which the peel is removed and a new layer of healthy skin is revealed.
Get In Touch with Us to Find Out More
To learn more about what each acne treatment may be able to do for you, we warmly invite you to reach out and make an appointment with FamWell MD! At our convenient locations in Jacksonville, our caring and dedicated team of professionals will be pleased to explain our options in full and help you decide which one would be best for you. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!